Rescue Paws welcomes the help of volunteers from all backgrounds! On-site help is always needed as the project is growing and requires constant attention and hard work in areas of maintenance and also the treatment of street animals. Volunteering with Rescue Paws can be a rich and rewarding experience, but also tough and testing, an ideal opportunity to gain international experience while helping those who can’t help themselves.
Rescue Paws is a small organization, and as such we are always in need of volunteers. This is a great way for you to gain experience in multiple areas, as well as learn a whole host of new skills. You will have the opportunity to observe medical procedures, spend time with an animal behaviourist, participate in training dogs, assist in in-field vaccinations and de-worming, be involved in the marketing process, brainstorming ideas, gain insight into the inner workings of a non-profit organisation, as well as have the chance to save the lives of precious animals. If you would like to help out, and spend time in and around Hua Hin, please feel free to contact us.
Typical volunteer tasks include:
- Feeding runs around Hua Hin. This happens on a daily basis and is also used as an opportunity to monitor the development of the different packs under our care around Hua Hin.
- Cleaning of clinic and general maintenance. This means, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing of clinic, fixing anything from plumbing to fences, and more.
- Administration of medical care in the clinic and in the field. Serious medical cases are transferred to the medical clinic where we are able to apply significant care, and it’s here where you will be asked to assist our resident vet and animal carer with anything they need. Field medical care is a simpler task, but just as important, and involves administration of shots and general medication.
- Office administration. Paper work, yes this is important and requires constant attention. Making sure the books are kept up-to-date, and our databases are accurate is an important part of keeping the project running smoothly.
- The upkeep of our social media and initiating and developing projects to spread the reach of Rescue Paws as an organization in order to educate and encourage participation on the project.
- Loving and caring for street animals