Rescue Paws is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of stray animals in Thailand.
From humble beginnings in 2013 as a simple feeding program, the organization officially came into existence during May 2014, when XploreAsia based in Thailand and The Global Work & Travel Co. based in Australia generously made funds available to erect 12 kennels and equip a small clinic with basic equipment.
Rescue Paws has since grown exponentially into a fully fledged animal relief organization, targeting the stray animal problem in the Hua Hin region of Thailand.
Our organization is operated by a small team of full-time staff and a group of volunteers who carry out day-to-day activities. While some volunteers are trained animal care specialists, volunteer vets and vet students, others are inexperienced but passionate animal lovers seeking a unique travel-abroad experience.
Based on temple grounds in the authentic Thai village of Khao Tao in the Hua Hin district just south of Bangkok, our facilities include 12 kennels, a play area and a clinic to perform surgeries.
From these premises we coordinate and conduct
sterilizations, vaccinations, parasite treatment, veterinary care and rehabilitation for abandoned, mistreated stray animals and venture out to the surrounding villages to perform fieldwork.
Rescue Paws also facilitates local and international adoptions; encourages and promotes respect for animals, animal care and animal welfare through comprehensive educational campaigns in local communities and schools; fosters local & global civic engagement by actively engaging volunteers from all across the world and developing local stakeholder participation.
Rescue Paws is dedicated to
– improving the lives of stray animals on the streets of the Hua Hin district in Thailand, by providing essential necessities such as food, basic medical care, love & attention;
– stabilizing and eventually reducing the stray animal population over time, through sterilizations, vaccinations, adoptions and education;
– promoting respect for animals, pet care and animal welfare by means of educational campaigns in local communities and fostering local & international civic engagement.
– Rescue Paws aims to first stabilize and over time, reduce the stray animal population in Hua Hin, through spaying and neutering.
– Provide veterinary care and treatment to sick and injured stray animals.
– Facilitate local & international adoptions.
– Promote & encourage respect for animals & animal care through educational outreach projects at a community level.
– Foster both local & global civic engagement around the important issues of population control & animal welfare by actively engaging local communities as well as volunteers from all across the world in our efforts.
Thailand faces an increasing challenge with the ever-growing number of stray animals living on the streets, often in desperate conditions and poor health. With no official management of stray populations, these animals continue to reproduce at an alarming rate.
Rescue Paws envisions a future free of stray or neglected animals in the Prachuap Khiri Khan province and where our approach can be adopted in other parts of Thailand too as a model to reduce stray populations across the country.
- Community-based Action
IVM Parasite Treatments
Rabies & Combo Vaccinations
Local & International Adoptions
Blood Parasite Treatments
TVT Venereal Cancer Tumor Treatments
Wound Care & Other Medical Treatments
Facebook Latest Post